Selected Public Health Employment Websites
Job Search Links
The following links are good sources of information to assist in your job search. Refer to the UAB Career Service's networking quick tips and job search strategies video for more information on the best way to search for a job.
Birmingham and Alabama
- Alabama Department of Public Health
(Start on this page for general info, then you'll have to navigate through the site to get to current job openings)
- Children's Hospital of Alabama
- Jefferson County (Alabama) Department of Public Health
- Non-profit Resource Center of Alabama (includes links to other non-profit job banks)
- UAB Employment (Check listings under scientific research, clinical research, and professional and administrative)
National and International
- Academic Keys for Health Sciences
As the premier Employment Service for Higher Education, AcademicKeys.com provides the most comprehensive listing of academic positions.
- Association of Schools of Public Health
Current full and part-time job announcements.
- Chronicle of Higher Education Career Network (Excellent for doctoral-level jobs)
- The Communication Initiative a worldwide source of jobs of particular interest to health behavior, education, and communication.
- SRA International, Inc. is a leading provider of professional health services worldwide with more than 1,200 employees in 43 countries.
- American Healthways
- Deborah Heart and Lung Center Jobs
- SAIC - Science Applications International Corporation is a Fortune 500® company, now ranks as the largest employee-owned research and engineering firm in the United States. SAIC and its subsidiaries have more than 43,000 employees with offices in over 150 cities worldwide."
National and Federal Agencies
- USA Jobs
This is the U.S. Office of Personnel Management webpage and contains all CDC jobs postings.
- U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps One of the seven Uniformed Services of the United States
International Public Health Organizations
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide - This is a site worth looking at, but requires a subscription. If you are interested in looking at a print version of this publication, one is available in the Sparkman Center (RPHB 437). Our thanks to the Sparkman Center for making this available to our students.
- International Training and Education Center on HIV (I-TECH) - Supports development of sustainable health care worker training systems in countries and regions hardest hit by the AIDS epidemic.