Financial Assistance

Student support funds at the School of Public Health are provided to graduate students in the form of grants, fellowships, scholarships, traineeships, teaching assistantships and graduate student researcher appointments.  Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and financial need.  Some have specific requirements or conditions that must be met.  

UAB Office of Financial Aid

The university's Financial Aid Office is responsible for administering financial support loans based on need and non-need options.  To apply for financial aid, through the University Financial Aid Office, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the FAFSA Renewal Application to the processor.  Completion of the FAFSA or the FAFSA Renewal Application is required for all university financial aid programs.  For more information on applying for loans at UAB, please refer to the web site maintained by the University Financial Aid Office at

UAB wants to give you money. Don't miss the opportunity to take it. You might think that your need isn't large enough for finanical assistance, but you migh tbe surprised. Completing the following check list - sooner rather than later- will ensure that you are considered for the appropriate aid available to you.

International Students:

Since federal financial assistance programs are limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, most international students pay for college using personal or family funds.  However, other sources of funding may be available.    To learn more go to:International Scholar and Student Services or contact the International Scholar and Student Services Office at (205) 934-3328 or at